.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

G...S..M....

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Amazing..

I have an impeccable 10-0 record this year on the ladder..

The only unfortunate part about this (and it is quite unfortunate) is that it is a losing record, not a winning one.

I know this is not something that one should be proud about. To be frank, initially I was very embarassed about it. But now, oddly, Iam at peace with it. As the season has progressed, my embarassment changed into curiosity - how long can an incredible run like this last? And apparently, it can last for quite a long time.

At first, I blamed the grip on my racket. So I changed the grip. That helped a bit, I started winning a few sets. But my form dipped again. Then I thought it could be my aging racket (I still haven't tested that theory completely, actually). My current theory is that Iam out of shape.. there was this match where I could not move even a little bit in the whole of the first set, for some vague reason - maybe I was just stiff.

But all said and done, one cannot get such a clean streak so easily, it requires some talent. Whatever it is.. simply put, my game is not working right now. And it doesn't seem like its going to turn around anytime soon either. Its not something that Iam going to lose sleep over though - coz after all, I play the game for fun, but it would surely be nice to win a few matches before it all ends.

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger ebadad said...

how has your tennis been lately.
I have heard someone loves playing with you (and sometime even winning)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger ebadad said...

MAHJONG!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home