.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

G...S..M....

Saturday, September 06, 2008

More quotes from the Open

Part of the fun in following tennis is in watching players beat the crap out of each other, and also in listening to them bitch about each other.

In case you missed, here are some quotes from the US Open:

"I don't give myself the opportunity that much, you know, because I always win easily. I was just really pleased with my fighting spirit."

- No prizes for guessing who said that. Roger Federer of course. This was at the end of a five set match. By the end of his career, he might just earn a bigger name for himself with his quotes than with his tennis game itself.

The following are some great quotes by Roddick when asked about Djokovic's ankle injury and his chances before their QF match:

“Either he’s quick to call the trainer or one of the most courageous guys of all time.”

“I’ve got to feel good. He’s got about 16 injuries right now.”

"Isn't it both of them? And a back? and a hip? And a cramp... bird flu... anthrax. SARS, common cough and a cold.

Too bad Roddick lost though. I like this guy's attitude(though his game is not comparable to Federer or Nadal).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home